What is JAMstack and Why You Should Try It
Have you ever wanted to build a modern web application without all the gimmick then you should have already heard of the
JAM stands for
"JAMstack: noun \’jam-stak’\
The ever changing world of the web never cease to amaze us. Static Websites are popular, super efficient and extremely fast which makes it a good fit for blogs, resumes, portfolio, landing pages and documentation. So yeah Jamstack is cool why should i use it you ask?
Reasons You Should Consider JAMstack
- Better Performance: If you ever wanted to build your websites on the go with flawless speed and performance your best choice will be to go with the JAMstack. Build your files only on deployment served over a CDN.
- Cheap and Fast Deployment: Jamstack websites can easily be deployed without going through the hassle of configuring databases, securing .htaccess and so on. We are only dealing with static files so it is eady to integrate a fast CDN to get up and running.
- Awesome Developer Experience: Learning and using JAMstack is not as difficult as you might think it is. With just HTML, CSS and JS experience developers can build complex websites. JAMstack doesn't require a complex language to start with, It also allows the selection of CMS options for site generators remove the need to maintain a separate stack for content and marketing.
- High Security: Static Websites have very low potential to vulnerabilities because it is just HTML files and external API handling served over a CDN. This reduces any possible risk or attack to the website. It is easy to integrate SSL certificate with Let's Encrypt. Also leverage the use of server side microservice APIs to secure the websites.
- Great Community: The JAMstack community is a growing over time. New support for various functionality springs up every day. Even exciting is the local community meetups being created. The Online community is also amazing.
Another great feature to consider is the ability to integrate core dynamic functionalities into JAMstack websites. JAMstack is more or less hyper-dynamic than you can imagine, This technology have the ability to handle dynamic server-side features,thinking of handling backend functions tools like Webtask and Serverless. Form handling on the go with Formspree or Netlify Forms. Full Search capability Google Search, lunr.js and Algolia is There are quite a number of tools available to integrate with JAMstack. The list is available here and here
A whole lot of companies have already joined the bandwagon so what are you waiting for?
Examples of websites